Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Plan...

The Plan...

So this post is based off the discussion that our life group had last Sunday.

At our church for the past several months we've been walking through The Story which is the Bible, but abridged to highlight the actual story of God's people and Jesus' life without so much distracting detail.  You can find information about it here: http://www.thestory.com/home

I admit I was kind of skeptical at first because (and I think you would have been too KT!) why not just read the real Bible and focus on the story??  It's awesome anyway :)  But, as we have been reading and discussing the story as a church, it has become a really powerful thing that everyone in our church can relate to and talk about.  It has also really drawn my attention to how little God has changed, and how much the possibilities in our relationship with Him have changed.  I'm not going to plug a product here, but it has been fun to be a part of.  This last Sunday the section of the Story that we were reading was Jesus' birth.  It raised some especially deep and profound questions about God's nature and purpose that I'd like to just put out there...I miss talking to you KT!

So, here they are:

When did God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) come up with the plan for our salvation?  If he knew all along that we would be in need of redemption why didn't it come sooner? or at the beginning?  When did they "sit down" and say: "Ok, it's time for us to create a way to bridge the gap"?

Which makes me think about the 'fact' that God is omniscient--is he really? or does He maybe choose not to be?  Whether he is or isn't, it is TRULY amazing that he lets us have free will and just works with our stupidity to make his plan come about--I would be cause all sorts of 'changes of heart' if I were him, right?

Another question was--how seemingly horrible was this plan!?!?  Sure, we'll just put all of our hopes on a teenage virgin and her (hopefully) husband and then this baby will come and everything will be grand!  I wonder if the angels were looking for a contingency plan? :)

So, these are just some things that I've been thinking about...miss you bunches!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment